Monday, March 1, 2010

Habit #2

I really had to think long and hard about this one. I had a list. A fairly long list of things I wanted to work on. And for me, I know it has to be something measurable - something tangible, otherwise I know it will not stick. And so many habits I'm confident I will incorporate into my life, but there was one habit that I knew if I didn't ingrain, the others would never properly work into my life.


And this one is kinda hard/kinda easy at the same time. Its one where I'm reversing a bad habit, and turning it into a good habit. It will give me energy. Help me sleep better. Make me feel more healthy, and it will be one that I will become addicted to. No, its not legal drugs. ;o)

Its water.



My second new habit I'm incorporating into my life is consuming more water. I know - BORING! It may sound boring, but I'm actually really excited about being accountable to this change. So many times I've had headaches, a parched mouth, low energy, and just an overall dehydrated feeling, and I know exactly why. And I always think 'tomorrow I'll start'. And its one of those things that I will notice a huge difference in days!

But I'm starting small. Today I started off my day with a 6am slug of water, a 6:15am walk around the golf course, and another huge slug of water at 7am. I almost drank more water before 7am than I do most days! Today I drank more at work than I usually do. Right now the measuring part is easy - I'm going from relatively very little water to a bit more. And I'll keep on increasing that way.

And my reward is that on March 15th, with my new habit firmly entrenched... i will buy myself a new water bottle to replace my old sad looking bottle with peeling pink paint. It holds too much for me anyways - I think I feel overwhelmed drinking from it because its so big. I need something smaller and more easily drinkable. {silly I know!}

And to hold myself to this habit - every day for the next 60 or so days, WATER is going to be one of the things I'm going to write I'm grateful for EVERY day.

Salut!

No comments:

Post a Comment