Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Like clockwork...

There is an appliance in my house that I could not do without. Although it's never made an appearance in my daily gratitude list, it is certainly worthy of a daily mention (or twice daily as the case may be).


This morning I was lying in bed before my alarm went off, somewhat awake. Knowing. Sensing. I couldn't just look up and see the time on my alarm clock because my eyes aren't that good seeing three teensy little digital numbers across the room. I'd need my glasses or have to lean over Guy to see his clock. But I knew. The way you just know the boogie man psycho killer is going to jump out from behind that corner in that cheesy 70's horror flick. I knew the clock was soon to strike 5:30, and so would begin my day.


And then it did.


Before even a trip to the bathroom off I wonder into the kitchen to warm up my favorite appliance for action. A few minutes later, its ready for me, and I'm salivating at the thought of the first taste. My daily substance of choice. And soon all will be right with my world - enough to make 5:30am in a quiet house oh so worthwhile.




No comments:

Post a Comment