Thursday, March 18, 2010

my new playground

Six months ago when we redid our basement I was not in a creative headspace. At all. I was so happy to get rid of the gray walls, the yucky flooring and old furniture that I gave up what was once my art table for the sake of the pc.

And then I realized something was missing.

For so long my art table resembled a dumping ground of 'stuff' that had to be put away, found a home for, or to be file-13ed. I couldn't even see it anymore, and consequently could not see that part of my brain/life anymore. And in January when my creative urge began to come back, it hit me:

TAKE BACK THE TABLE !

REARRANGE THE SPACE !

MAKE IT YOURS AGAIN !

And so I did. And I SO am in love with this space that finally feels like it will be used.

(now if only I could cordon off my space so none of the aforementioned items land their sorry asses on it again!)






Now doesn't that just look like a place where great things can happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment