Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blessed

My time these days feels consumed by the lives of my children. School projects, homework, committees, performances, forms, birthday parties, appointments, plays... However, I am managing to carve out bits of time for me (by getting up way early these days, and somehow miraculously not feeling tired), so I'm not feeling totally burnt. Yet.

And when I do have moments of starting to feel charred by the busyness of raising three kids, lately I think of two people.

One is my friend Steph who is going through hell right now as she and her husband watch their 5 month old sparkling baby girl go through a battery of tests to determine how much cancer her little body has. Despite this she posts their updates with humour and grace and joy and love. She's feeling her moments of despair for sure, but she is so unbelievably focused on finding as much beauty she can in the midst of all this hell. So. Inspiring.

The other is a woman I don't know - her name is Kelle. Another blog I read had a link to her blog. Specifically the story of the birth of her second child in January. Read it. Poignant. Heartbreaking. Beautiful.

Brings life into pretty sharp focus. I don't know how I got so lucky. I feel blessed beyond belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment