Sunday, January 31, 2010

Month one - fait accompli

Today is day 31 of the first month of the year - the first month of this project, and ... so far so good! One habit seems to be firmly established for me. I knew I had to pick a habit that I could track, one I could easily measure the success of... and as I look back on my gratitude journal that I created for myself in December 2002... I can now say I have many MANY more entries in it! This, for me, is a measure of success, and I really actually think its helped me enjoy this dark month of January. For the past several years, January has been my least favorite month, a difficult one to get through without some significant blues.

January 2010 has been different. Because I'm recording my blessings every night right before I go to bed, I feel like they've become more a part of my subconscious, as well as my conscious.

So many many things I was grateful for this past month - most of which involve my family. Some of which involve me and my creative flow, which feels like its growing. Some were petty silly things, like 'good hair' or 'rock star parking', but at the time they meant something, and I think its also those things that contribute to my overall positive feeling. Hey, whatever works, right?

Overall, I am so thankful for my family, my friends, my home, our businesses and our customers, and what I'm really sensing is a transformative type of year.

I'm already thinking of my next habit, and I think by the time March 1st hits, I'll be ready and raring to add another habit to my life, and the ideas I have get me excited.

Tres tres bien. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment