Thursday, January 7, 2010

and here I sit...

Its over. Everyone's gone home. Fat ladies are singing. Another holiday season has passed and I'm completely aware that I am in the thick of January. The past few years I haven't had a good track record with Januarys. This one feels different. Not sure why exactly, but something's different. I should be just as peopled-out as every other January. I should be panicking about the fact that I have a year's worth of transactions to enter by February 15th so our accountant who I'm not crazy about can get our year end stuff done. But I'm not panicking.

Weird huh?

Weirdly calm. But there's something peaceful about this January. Maybe I'm in blissful denial of all the things coming up, or maybe I just know and trust they will all get done.

All in all, its been a pretty great holiday season. Our dinner last night capped it all off - I'm proud to say. :o)

And now I'm inspired by my cousin Lucille who has read seven books since Christmas - SEVEN. And my Auntie Mary says this is 'normal'. Normal for who??? I'd love it if it was normal for me, so I'm going to close my laptop so I can get back to Julia Child in France (so so SO good!).

No comments:

Post a Comment