Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Perspective


My Week in the Life project took on a life of its own. It was sure weird to not grab the camera as soon as I woke up yesterday morning, and it was sad that i don't think I took a single picture. Nothing to record my life on April 26, 2010. It was a full day - with lots of discussions, funny moments, and ideas exchanged. It was one of those days that, for a Monday, had a lot of meat to it. Not life-changing stuff, but a good day for sure.

And I didn't record a single moment of it with my camera. I didn't journal a single thought, action or idea. The day is recorded only in a flurry of emails and an entry in my gratitude journal.

Looking back over the 217 photos I've whittled my week down to, I felt a huge sense of accomplishment - both for undertaking this project, and for my life in general. Lots of the same things happen every day - regular life - and it is evidence why I have trouble remembering details sometimes. Life's moving fast, and there's lots of minutia to our days - much of it inconsequential, but much of it also poignant, important, and worth remembering.

And if we don't record some of it somehow, how are we ever going to remember how special our life truly is?

No comments:

Post a Comment