Sunday, April 18, 2010

Lofty goal?

This morning was probably the first morning in a month that I didn't wake up before 7am. I actually stayed in bed until about 8, and now I look at the time, and I think 'wow... on a normal day, I'd be going on hour five by now!' My intentions were good, but I allowed myself a bit of leway, as I have a VERY busy and exciting week ahead.

Yesterday was one of those days where inspiration was coming at me from all angles, and here I have no photos to prove it! That will not be the case for the next seven days, as I embark on a pretty ambitious project (especially for someone who has not really devoted much time to scrapbooking in many recent weeks!). I've decided to play along with Ali Edwards' A Week in the Life. Aside from my travelling adventures, I've never really documented every little thing about my life before. My mind is always so wrapped up in 'monumental' album projects - eg. baby books, our Paris album (still not yet started - ugh), that the thought of a current day-to-day everyday project has always really appealed to me. I've always envied those memory keepers that are documenting their regular life - not just the big events. Big events are intimidating. Real life is easy. {snicker snicker}

Its a really busy week coming up, and I did contemplate just doing it on another week that's a little less 'full'. But how boring would that be? How disallusioned am I that I could really think that any week of my life wouldn't have a big enough snag to put off such a lofty project?

Snag or no snag, busy or not, its happening. I'm not organized at all for it, but later on today I plan to do some creative 'organizational-idea-lifting' from some gals who've done it before and have it down to a science. Or art. I'm the type of person who really can't envision starting a project by just jumping in, and that is for the most part what I'm going to do. eeeee!

Exciting.

And I'm hoping that by the end of April I will have an album to show for it. !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment