Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Limbo

There is something about having to give up something that you take for granted in order to appreciate that thing.

My basement.

Its a place for children to sleep, to play, to entertain friends, entertain each othher. And for 11 days now we've not had that space. We have a family room that is not in use, except for storing all the items that nearly fell victim to 'the flood'. We have pet stuff that now nuzzles in between all the rest of our living space upstairs.

And I have a creative space that is used in fits and spurts. For the last 6 months it has been a catchall for all things creative. Luckily, I've been able to maintain THAT. It has not become a catchall for all the rest of our life's ephemera. I consider that a little triumph.

But now, we are embarking on the next few weeks of holiday prep and joy and wonder. And I'm SO into it this year. Fellow bloggers have been inspiring me with their exhuberance over the upcoming season, and I've caught the wave {in my head at least}. And wouldn't you know it? My mind is racing with ideas and desires and wishes for creative adventure... and no creative space to work within.

So I miss my space that's been neglected. I feel like I might get back into lots of creativity once our living area downstairs is restored. And the balance will be achieved {somewhat} again. As much as this experience has been pretty uneventful in a good way, I'm ready for it to be over. SO. OVER.

And then let the creative angels and goddesses be unleashed upon the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment