Friday, November 12, 2010

the dark and the light

 
Today I woke up with a killer stomach ache. Every once in a while that will happen, and although it feels like its because my tummy is empty and needs some fillin', today I can't help but wonder if its some anxiety that I'm experiencing. Today my Dad is going in for a medical test, and until I know that things are ok, I'm going to remain uneasy.

I do that. I dramatize. I'm good at it. Should have been an actress... at times the drama meter in my head soars higher than the heavens and it takes a lot to talk that meter down.

And I can't help but think that today my gut was telling me something. I'm home, nursing my ill feeling, and hoping that I get some positive news from my Dad.

 
On the lighter side of things........
We took this blessed holiday tale out of the library the other night, as an official kickoff to the holiday season, and MAN O MAN what a laugh fest we have! Giggles galore - it really is such a great feel-good-I-feel-like-a-silly-kid-kind of movie. Well chosen by my sweet girl, and what a great way to celebrate the start to the season.

No bah-humbug here... I think I might even get my husband in on the early celebrating. Why do we resist the season so? It really can be full of so much joy, especially spread over the course of many weeks instead of just chaos-packed days.

As you can see, someone really got in the spirit - hauling ALL of the Christmas books upstairs to hold court in our living room until December 25th. Several were read, and one was utilized - an absolutely beautiful book on creating seasonal drawings and crafts. The true spirit of the season is soon upon us, and we're going to embrace it for all its worth!

No comments:

Post a Comment