Monday, October 4, 2010

fall crush

So perhaps after this post you are going to think I have a funny fetish. But its not funny, I assure you. It is love. Pure love.


I was introduced to the intoxicating taste of these beautiful little things about 8 years ago. And I've been in love ever since. They play hard to get. You can actually only get them a couple times of year, THIS time of year being the BEST time of year. And you can only get them in certain locations. And man oh man.... this fall they do not disappoint!

Smitten kitten. That's me.

Chanterelle heaven is where I'm at. I'm such a sucker for these woodsy shrooms, I absolutely drool over the thought of sauteing them gently with garlic and shallots in butter. Paired with egg noodles, and they are the most delectable seasonable dinner treat. I've not had them much in the last few years, unfortunately due to the cost - they are pricey at $9.99-$12.99 per pound, but this year I discovered friends of ours forage them and have NO problem sharing their finds with fellow chanterelle lovers! Yesterday the biggest bucket of the BIGGEST chanterelles I've ever seen landed in my house, and you cannot even begin to imagine how indebted I am to our friends.

They are scrumptous. They are meaty. They are delectable. And they are now yummily nestled somewhere in my very satisfied tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment